 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7358
7357  |  7359
Subject:
do you have any enemies?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:25:33 GMT

.... is the FIRST thing a cop asked me when I pulled into my shop at
4:30 am  yesterday.

(sigh)

at 4:15  am I got a second call from my alarm company saying that the
motion sensors that tripped the alarm were caused  by firefighters.

4:30 am  I pulled up to my shop praying that the fire at my shop was not
caused by me "leaving something on"  or some direct error on my part.

I can not tell you how horrible i felt for 15 min while i drove from my
home to the shop.

I pull up to see 4 fire trucks, a news crew and cops al over the place.

after I tell people who I am..... that now famous question was heard:

"do you have any enemies?"

i was stunned.  what was he talking about....  no I do not have any
enemies.  after he collected a bunch of info from me, he said...

"don't touch the gas cans around the corner!"

and all I could think was.....

"WHAT GAS CANS!!!!!!"

I turn the corner and I saw this:

http://members.rogers.com/magno/fire/000_0004.jpg

at 5 am it slowly sunk into my groggy brain.....  this was arson.

:(

to make this very long story short:

at 4 pm after the crime scene was turned over to me from the fire
marshals office it was explained that:

it would appear that someone(s) climbed onto my roof and pried open my
roof access hatch and poured in 10 gallons of gas.  they then threw in
the 2 jerry cans and finally tossed in a lit match (it was recovered)

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL

they climbed down from the roof, and Probably used a vehicle to break in
the front door; where they then poured in another 10 gallons of gas and
tossed in another 2 jerry cans.  Oh, and the match.

the "good news" is that the sprinklers put out BOTH fires LONG before
the fire dept. arrived.  by shear dumb luck the 2 fires were located in
such a way that the sprinklers worked 100% as designed.

people feel that the intended victim was the PREVIOUS tenant who was in
the "sweat shop" business and  owed a lot of money to a lot of people.
(millions)

the arson job was "poorly" done, and was the work of "amateurs"

....if your so dumb as to commit this crime, they were equally as dumb
not to check out that it was a new business.  WITH NEON SIGN and all.

all my damage is some smoke and water.  my inventory is more or less
acceptable, and after i hire a fire clean up crew this place should be
up and running by monday.

I've already checked; and hallmark dose not make a "sorry for your
arson" card.

:)

(the lego part)

our game board was stored near the fire. it suffered some water damage.

http://members.rogers.com/magno/fire/000_0009.jpg

sorry dave.

:)

so how many game boards have we made???