 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *6239 (-10)
  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) We're straight out of modules I think. Is there any way you can build a railyard out of the existing sections of Curve SE and Empty SE (Ben's)? Calum (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Please join me in congratulating...

All The Best! Cheers Oliver Play Well "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:H8I23u.7n5@lugnet.com... (...) born (...) our (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

k, this is what I threw together last night and tonight... (URL) be tweaking it thru the week, but I think it's mostly good :) So there you are! By the way, building real estate is *almost* as much fun as building 'bots--you techies are missing out (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) For an impromptu train yard, I don't think it matters that much for the inch difference--I'll bring my large baseplates and that'll help for the track spanning the drop. Bring 3 or more if ya can :) Dave K (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) Yes they are 6 of them, how ever not all of them may make it to the show. The are also one inch too short. I'm going to try and get some strips of wood that are 1" thick to prop them up with. But if some one whats to use them it would help if (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

(...) My two odules have all the track bolted down and ready to go. I was referring to the box o' track I may bring to set up an impromptu railyard so we have a place to store rolling stock 'n such. Right now I only have one extra module, but (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4 Trainyard...

I kinda thought we'd put on new trains by setting them at the top of the ramp and letting them zip down on their own. It's called *rolling* stock, right? :D By all means, add a rail yard if you have the time and energy. Right now, I *think* Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

You know, I completely bafflegabbed that message. The joint between Ramp 1 and 2 is exactly *6* bricks. However, that does indeed mean that the joint between the 2nd and 3rd curve segment on that turn is 4 bricks, so we're good. Me not talk so good. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train 4 Trainyard...

So I note after looking at the wonderful layout done by Jeff, that there is no place to park all the rolling stock when not in use. So we'll have to put on, and take off the trains when we want to change stuff. But wait, says Dave, I have a box full (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train 4: Coming Soon

(...) <snip> We're good then 'cause at the end of my second curve I'm at exactly 4 bricks high :) Then I hand off to you... I have eliminated all landscaping *sigh*, and am in the process of filling the module with misc buildings and forestry. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact