 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13249 (-20)
  Re: Laser Level

(...) It's additive. One of the other ideas is that we should build from inside out. But I think we do that today anyways. (...) So what's the plan for trains this year? -April, creepy steamer trunk trainshow in Toronto? What's up with this Dave? (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) There is no way the convention center floor is off the 2-4 inches in the twenty foot dimensions of our layout. 1/8 to a 1/4 inch maybe. So I hope this is a big help for that. (...) Most of our modules are pretty good now. The only problem I've (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (canceled)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) I don't think Apache would ever be able to get the port period if IIS was in there. It's a possibility. Microsoft got all weird around Windows 2000, trying to make everything done through the web server. (...) Don't get me started on that :) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) Worth a try--one of the problems we keep having is one end of the layout being two to four inches higher than the other end :) A global reference might help. What are the other key problems with the layout being uneven? -Uneven floor -Uneven (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

I'm running Apache 2.0.52 on Win2K Pro just fine. Here's a guess: you mentioned that you're running 2K SERVER... any chance that the OS runs IIS by default and Apache is fighting for possesion of port 80? Mario It took a non-Lego question to get me (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Laser Level

I picked up a laser level on the weekend. It was on at canadian tire for $23 down from $60. I figured for that price it was worth a try to see if it would help with setting up the train layout. It comes with a tripod so we can set it at a particular (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spectrum Catalogue Outlet store

(...) No, but we'll probably take a drive over there to check it out. We drove to the Whitby store a few months ago and it had a really impressive selection of sets. The only problem is that it's a little far--otherwise, I'd find myself much more (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] February Dinner

(...) Hope this one gets a mention: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] February Dinner

Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario Friday February 11th, 2004, 7PM Hey folks, Here's your 4:00AM wakeup call for the monthly rtlToronto dinner, this Friday. Topics include: Uses for 32 long axles, rtlToronto18, How to Assemble (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IBGJ4u.13qG@lugnet.com... (...) Are there any clues in the Apache log? (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coolest part ever--snowboard

(...) It is a very cool piece. :) I'm gonna put mine in my car, dangling from my rear view mirror! Or just stick him on the dash. I like my snowboard better though, its got a really nice modern infographics style dragon on it, with some random (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Since you guys are all computer techs...

(...) Thanks, Oliver!! I knew it was probably something easy, I just couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it since it's been years since I set it up. :) Iain (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Coolest part ever--snowboard

I got one of those snowboard sets and found this cool piece inside: (URL) love the pattern on this thing...it's just so damned creepy! I have a Ninja with his sword riding this snowboard now. Excellent. Calum (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Since you guys are all computer techs...

G'Day Should be fairly easy: open Outlook Express, select menu item 'Tools' go down to 'Accounts'. In the "Internet Accounts" dialogue box click on the 'Add>' button, then select 'News', enter a display name for yourself, click Next, enter your (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Since you guys are all computer techs...

I did searches using the search button, I browsed around the webpage for half an hour trying to figure this out, but there is no obvious link anywhere to help me out with this. I've always posted with Outlook Express, I had it configured so I could (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) So the task is still alive as far as NT is concerned, the OS is still running? That doesn't sound like hardware. so I'm thinking either Apache 2.xx doesn't like Win2K server edition, or the new (...) No, I don't honestly think it's the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) It's the Apache process--the actual server still chugs along with nary an issue--Apache just stops--yet there's no sign of said stoppage in Event Viewer or Task Manager Further, using Apache Monitor, Apache Monitor says it's still running, and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) Does the process bork out or does the entire platform come down (ie, BSOD) Calum (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) I would love to try my hand at running somethign other than a MS platform, butr my webserver also runs LEGO Mindstorms Vision Command software (so I have my RoboCamBot up and running) as well as a few other things that are windows (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact