 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 211
Re: New Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:42:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Kevin Dixon writes:
Hi,

The new Shop@Home catalog finally showed up today.  Its the one with the
trains and bridge on the front cover.

Hehe, you beat me to posting by 6 minutes  :]

Mine arrived today, too.  I'm not sure how S@H is mailing things,
because my catalogue arrivals are all over the map.  Last week
they sent me the January catalogue...

Anyhoo, some notable things in it for me:

- 10000 Guarded Inn in there of course.
- 1817 Forest Flyer.
- Belville sets (first time I've ever seen them; look like a good
source of animals).
- Sand red "bulk" bricks.
- 6452 Mini Rocket Launcher being reported as "Not available in
any store".  Really?  Wonder how I got mine, then  ;]  Well, you
likely won't find them in stores by now, though...
- All the pre-Xmas Star Wars sets are labelled as "New", and yet
half of them are marked down to reduced prices.  ??!  Weird.  At
least they finally got rid of the Emperor's second pair of hands  ;]
- The caption "Save up to 20% on Selected Star Wars Droids".  Huh??
- Libby at 7 cents per brick!!  Holy cow, I think NOT!!
- Why are only 2 of the new train cars in there? (10013 Open
Freight Car and 10014 Caboose)  Are we able to get the others
in Canada??
- 8466 TECHNIC 4x4 Off Roader!  Anybody know if there really is
a 4x4 mechanism in it?
- and 3451 Sopwith Camel on the back cover.

Time to warm up the credit card!

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada