 Organizations / Canada / 116 (-40)
  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

In lugnet.org.ca, C. L. GunningCook wrote: (much snippage) In my considered opinion, since JLUG is an org and is "in" Canada, but doesn't have a group of its own (yet, although it can if it wants one, soon enough)... lugnet.org.ca is the right place (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

(...) You bring up two very good points. Okay, you are right, there are no terms of service, terms of use, or privacy policy. We wanted to keep everything simple. As for the "mature audience".... we didn't want to set an age limit but we also did (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

OMG!!!! This looks like a really nice new sandbox. Thank you. bye bye sharks. Chris has left the building. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

In lugnet.build.contests, C. L. GunningCook wrote: WOW! The site, contest, everything! Everything seems tailor made for me! A LUG to join, and MOCs related to myself! Hats off, Red Brick :-) I *do* have some nitpicks though.... You mention (...) (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!

Hello Everyone... I'm totally stoked to announce that the (URL) JLUG> has gone "live" and after a few days of testing, we are starting the "party" with an open contest with prizes. Drop on over, check out it out and start thinking about the MOC you (...) (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, FTX) !!

  More 4679 happiness (was: What a trip I had to Markville!)

(...) This time I went to the TRU at Steeles/Hilda.... (...) Picked up a 4511 at $80 hoping to sell it to Europe for a profit... 8) (...) Same three displays are here too. Alas one of them is silent. (...) Seven units, all 2714s, are within my (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) Thanks again for posting these were available in Toronto. For fun, I bought another two strap today: (URL) different from the two strap I bought yesterday but didn't photograph. I think you have to buy at least two of a kind to have enough of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) I'm not sure it all the bags will match-You've got to be careful here. Each bag is "just a little different" than the others. Most of the bag contents I'm sure will be useful, though the ones I really don't know what to do with are these green (...) (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) Calum, thanks for doing what I had been trying to do! ;) Your pics match what I had counted so far - 2 bags - and now I know what's in the other 3 and can go ahead and stock my Bricklink store. :) Oh and these looks all old grays to me. Keith (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) On your advice (and Tim's) I got a two strap and a three strap tub each: This is the three strap: (URL) decided to lay them out by bag, thinking the bags contents may be the same while the selection of bags was random. No such luck--the bags (...) (20 years ago, 31-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) I just went to my Toysrus in Brossard, Qc. I got one copy of 4679 and here is a picture of what was inside the bonus box. (URL) There was 5 bags, and they almost all contain the same parts in multiple of 3. The tub was stamped with 3534 and (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) If you pick some up, you may want to know you can find out a little about what's inside in advance. There's a number stamped near the barcode on the tub. I think there are three possibilities. I'm not sure if all boxes with a single number are (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: What a trip I had to Markville!

(...) That's a neat set, that Mars Rover. Everytime I see the one I have built (I got a second for parts) I keep thinking about using those blue panel pieces for a spaceship or something. (...) So these 4679's are the weird ones with random pieces (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  What a trip I had to Markville!

You guys won't believe what I got from a trip to Markville Mall today! Couple weeks ago I picked up a Mars rover for $30 at the Walmart there, with a couple dozens around. Today I picked up another one. They now had 3 left after I'm out the door. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Any AFOL in the Quebec City area ?

Are you a Quebec City AFOL ? Contact me. We could meet and start a Club in the area. (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) The Hotel Deadline for BrickFest is Upon Us! July 22 is the last day to get the special BrickFest room rate at the Arlington Hilton! The Hilton is just blocks away from BrickFest and is the perfect place to stay while at the convention! But (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) (snip) (...) Well Gil, thank you. I was stuck on the CF100, but considering it took me a half a year to gather enough yellow epaulets to dress my 36 Mounties, the number 692 seems a bit daunting. Oh well! I am working on a front mockup Minifig (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) A little late, but chiming in nonetheless. Veddy nice! The mountie a la $50 bill portrait is amazing. I was going to build a stunning, minifig scale version of Parliament, overflown by a squadron of Avro Arrows, with a legion of courrier de (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks eh! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Daniel, (some B&D back at ya) I "hope you enjoyed the beer, oh, like I mean the movie", um MOC, eh! Oh speaking of back... "Gimmie a toasted back bacon, hold the toast" (...) Hope you had a good one. Janey "Red Brick" (continuing to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Hey... that's really nice eh. Says fellow Canadian Jeff. (20 years ago, 3-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

Quoting Bob and Doug MacKenzie,"everyone say....beauty" Like the Mounties in the circle, reminds me of the old 50 dollar bills. Happy Canada Day! --member 1893 (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Allan, his epaulettes are actually my favourite part. Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Rosco, I hope that's a Canadian beer. I will make an effort to get his flag and gun completed by Canada Day 2005! Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks Deborah, I can remember my first time seeing them perform, it was at the London Fair grounds, and I was "knee high to a grasshopper". I can still recall being nervous when those 32 mounted horses charged towards the audience. Janey "Red (...) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Thanks, he was fun to build. (Mmmmm and lots of red bits.) Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Great stuff Janey! The use of the 1x1 cylinder bricks in the epaulettes is particularly nice. Regards, Allan B. (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) Well I'm no Canadian but I'll look anyway ;) (...) Very nice Janey! But where is his gun and flag?????? (...) And you too!!!! ROSCO (Gets beer out of the fridge) (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

(...) i haven't seen the musical ride in years even though it's playing just up the road, but they should definitely see a copy of this! excellent work, great "formation"! -§ deborah §- (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  Re: O'Canada!

Your "Mountie" looks great. That's my favorite rendition to-date of an alternate to the big minifig guy. Nice work! Ashley (20 years ago, 2-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

  O'Canada!

Fellow Canadians, After seeing a large scaled Mountie in "Brickbaron's" Brickshelf folder for the Vancouver Road Show, I was compelled to build my own, but to the same scale as set 3723 (LEGO Mini-Figure Sculpture). Regrettably, his staff with a red (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, FTX) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Where are you coming from? (01.17.04)

Want to know "Where in the World" your fellow "LEGO Maniac" colleagues are coming from for BrickFest PDX 2004? Take a look at the spectacular representation of attendees from all over the world! Australia: Victoria: Chadstone, Melbourne Canada: (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  BrickFest Door Prizes

Hi All, We'd like to announce a new Door Prize drawing method that directly involves the BrickFest PDX attendees! We have over $2000 of prizes this year (thanks to Jake via LEGO and all our other private sponsors!!!)! Instead of the normal (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us) !!

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - Portland, Oregon, USA - Things to See & Do!

Have some time to explore through Portland while at Brickfest PDX 2004? Not sure what Portland, Oregon, USA is all about? Check out these cool and informative PDX Websites prior to arriving BrickFest PDX 2004! :: transportation :: PDX Airport - (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Sale @TRU in Canada

TRU are having a 25% off sale on all Lego. Not sure if it ends the 24th or runs until the 26th. Lots of new 2004 sets on the shelves (SW,etc) It's pays to be a last minute shopper! Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The Southern Alberta Lego User Group

(...) I just thought I would add to this we have decided to have regular meetings on every second monday of the month so if anyone in Calgary wants to join our little group feel free to contact us. Bartek (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.ab.cal)

  Joystick help

People- I have done a very rough draft of what will be my lego controller. It has 10 pneumatic valves, a steering knob,and a stick. The valves will be connected to a single motor, while one of the steering knob wires will be coming from the batery (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca)

  LEGO fans to participate in LEGO Road Show 2003

On behalf of LEGO fan organizations across North America, we would like to announce our participation in the 2003 LEGO Road Show! This Road Show centers around the company's core values by promoting open-ended play and creativity, via LEGO's new (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Sears sale, 30% off LEGO Saturday morning

Greetings, The local (Halifax Nova Scotia) Sears flyer has all LEGO 30% off from 7 am til 10 am on Saturday Feb. 15th. Don't know if it is national. I've been too busy shovelling lately to check to see if they have much of a selection. Gail Meagher (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.ca)

  Seasons Greetings from rtlToronto

Hi folks, On behalf of Chris and I, best wishes for the holiday season and a successful new year in 2003. It's been a good year for rtlToronto, being featured in both the National Post and the Toronto Star, going to BrickFest 2002, doing ProjectX, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact