 Organizations / Australia / 616
    Dopey ebay seller! —Mark Harrison
   Hi All, Just received a package in the mail from Germany which was posted on 6th April by airmail! Here is part of my recent reply to the seller which explains why it took 4 1/2 months for the parcel to arrive. "When you posted it, you did not (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Geoffrey Hyde
     That shows you how different some foreign countries are. I usually just put my whole address in block form, and include anything they will need for it. Usually gets here. :-) Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Jane McDermott
     Good tactic some have developed to avoid this problem is to simply cut out the address which the buyer sent, and stick it on the front of the package. This way, any errors are the fault of the buyer. Perhaps this guy could use the tip, Although I (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) In what way does this make the seller dopey? I have to agree with the other responders, the onus is on the buyer to make it easy for the seller to get the buyer's address right. (and conversely, the onus is on the seller to make the buyer's (...) (24 years ago, 16-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Mark Harrison
   Hi Larry, First of all, the address I sent him was extremely clear and all he had to do was cut it out of a hard copy of my email to him, and stick it on the parcel. Secondly, I never at any stage gave him my home phone number so I do not understand (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Tips on how to make transactions more successful (was Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Larry Pieniazek
   I responded to this offline because Mark sent me an email with no indication that it was also a post. Sigh. THis post is a copy and amplification of those offline remarks. EVERYONE, Please, PLEASE, stop this annoying and wasteful habit of sending (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Tips on how to make transactions more successful (was Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Mark Harrison
   Hi All, I'm happy to respect Larry's personal wish not to receive a copy of any response I or anyone makes to any post he places on the newsgroups but please DO continue to send me a copy of any replies to my posts on the newsgroups, that includes (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: Tips on how to make transactions more successful (was Re: Dopey ebay seller! —Larry Pieniazek
   Maybe I'm tilting at windmills here... (...) response I (...) continue to (...) But I am not going to do that either. I post using the web interface. Mailing a post seems to me to defeat the purpose of a newsgroup, as well as adding a lot of extra (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.theory)

        E-Mailing Postings (was Re: Tips on how to make transactions more successful) —Steve Chapple
   In lugnet.org.au, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) Kudos to Larry for making me check my dictionary. :-) Ironically, it's not even there (or in my Word97 spell-check) The closest word listed is equanimity, (composure) but I can extrapolate from (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)