 Organizations / Australia / 635
Re: Dopey ebay seller!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:10:18 GMT

Hi Larry,

First of all, the address I sent him was extremely clear and all he had to do was
cut it out of a hard copy of my email to him, and stick it on the parcel.

Secondly, I never at any stage gave him my home phone number so I do not
understand why he used it in the mailing address.

Thirdly, one does not need to have any grasp of a foreign language to at least
make sure that the country to which the parcel is to be sent is written on the
parcel.

"Dopey" is the kindest way I can describe this person. I feel I am very lucky that
some postal worker somewhere on this earth actually worked out where the parcel
was supposed to go. All blame rests squarely with this "dopey" ebay seller.

I do not understand why you are defending someone you do not know over some you
do?

Mark H.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.org.au, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi All,

Just received a package in the mail from Germany which was posted on 6th
April by airmail!

Here is part of my recent reply to the seller which explains why it took
4 1/2 months for the parcel to arrive.

   "When you posted it, you did not mention "Australia" in the address
and put
    my phone number in the postcode position on the boxes mailing
label.
    Of course, the post office treated the first five (5) digits as a
post code
    and the incorrectly assumed the destination country was the USA.
    So the parcel went to a town in the US with a postcode of 07337.

I'd given up hope of ever seeing this parcel, so miracles do sometimes
happen.

In what way does this make the seller dopey? I have to agree with the other
responders, the onus is on the buyer to make it easy for the seller to get the
buyer's address right. (and conversely, the onus is on the seller to make the
buyer's job of sending payment easy)

You got extremely lucky, I would say.

++Lar