 Organizations / Australia / 113
Re: I'm Back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 03:48:46 GMT

At my house we have Telstra Bigpond cable internet, it costs about $400 to
buy _their_ modem (no options there AFAIK) and about $130 per month for an
unlimited download plan. Because it's permanently connected I can log on • at
any time of the day, and web/news surf until late into the night. The
download rates are fast (20-40K/sec from U.S.), extremely useful for
browsing pause, fibblesnork and brickshelf. After using cable I don't know
if I could ever go back..... :-)

Shows how prices are dropping then. They are offering it to new customers
for about $60-$70 per month (depending on the options you select).
Installation is down to $100 if you sign up for 18 months, or still at $400
if you only sign up for 3 months.

http://www.bigpond.com/advance/cable/pricing.asp

Optus's prices are similar (a tiny bit cheaper actually I think).

Kerry