 Organizations / Australia / 102
Re: I'm Back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 02:06:10 GMT

Mark Harrison wrote in message <395CA9EA.DEC008EF@one.net.au>...

One thing I am curious about is, people's internet access habits, ie
where and when do each of you connect?

I've got into a habit of checking messages at home once in the morning
for about 15 minutes and then reconnecting at night and leaving the
connection up until I go to bed, say from 6pm to 11.00 or later.  I have
internet email access at work but no web access. I'm able to stay
connected at home as I use a second line and have an unlimited access
plan with one.net.

What about the rest of you?

Welcome back, Mark! I'm looking forward to your auction announcements.

At my house we have Telstra Bigpond cable internet, it costs about $400 to
buy _their_ modem (no options there AFAIK) and about $130 per month for an
unlimited download plan. Because it's permanently connected I can log on at
any time of the day, and web/news surf until late into the night. The
download rates are fast (20-40K/sec from U.S.), extremely useful for
browsing pause, fibblesnork and brickshelf. After using cable I don't know
if I could ever go back..... :-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164