 Organizations / Australia / 105
Re: I'm Back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Mark Harrison writes:
Hi Everyone,

Welcome back to the group...actually, welcome to the organization [which seems
to replacing the loc area for discussions....Come on everyone, crosspost to
.loc.au so we can catch the Italians quicker :)

Well, well, well........three holes in the ground.

Gagged no more.

I look forward to some lively discussions. As it's four minutes to
midnight discussions will have to wait till tomorrow.

One thing I am curious about is, people's internet access habits, ie
where and when do each of you connect?

I've got into a habit of checking messages at home once in the morning
for about 15 minutes and then reconnecting at night and leaving the
connection up until I go to bed, say from 6pm to 11.00 or later.  I have
internet email access at work but no web access. I'm able to stay
connected at home as I use a second line and have an unlimited access
plan with one.net.

What about the rest of you?

Mark H.

Well, during the week, I use the email option, as our company doesn't allow
the peasants net access, and there's no news access either :( This is why
between 8:00 and 5:00 my replies are always a new thread..Bad mail server on
our clients network. I also try and log on at the weekend and after work [If I
leave work at 4:30, I can usually be home by 6:00...the 6:36 am train is a bit
of a <<expletive denoting annoyance removed>> too....now who was complaining
about 8:00 amm starts??? At home I'm on Telstra Bigpond's BIG150 plan,
allowing up to 150 hours for the month at a reasonable price.[1] It's during
this time that my replies thread. Unfortunately, I can't see company policy
changing forr my benefit :(

[1] compared to $2.00 an hour at my parents place.

Benjamin Whytcross

bwhytcro@pacificaccess.com.au