 Organizations / Australia / 1129
  Dinghies

Evening all, My current project (CVE) calls for a bunch (20 odd?) of the yellow dinghie thingies - anyone got any from which they could be parted? Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) You can have one just for the sheer fun of seeing a porject which would require 20 of the ugly things... James (who wonders what a CVE is. Canadian Vole Executor? Careless Virus Engineer? Crazy Varmit Extractor? ....) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) He means those little yellow one-piece boats that come with town sets (harbor, ResQ, etc.) (...) <grin> I think you would know if you did. -Shiri (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) I presume it's a case of "if you have to ask, you probably don't have them" but what exactly is a yellow dinghie thingy? I'd hate to find out that I might have 20 yellow dinghie thingies and not even know it. Kerry (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) Has Port Block got a surf club ? I think I would be hunting the Great Whites in something a little more substantial than a yum-yum yellow party cracker. I can probably supply the best part of a dozen. I have been hard at work trying to find (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) As in 6451 River Response? (URL) look like Zodiacs (the ones you inflate) to me, not dinghies. I tend to associate a dinghy with a rigid hull, but I guess a Lego Zodiac will have a rigid hull! With 20 Zodiacs, you could do a kind of Greenpeace (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

Peter White wrote in message ... (...) that's (...) Well, mounted on the outside of a spaceship as a sort of rounded armour/covering, with the right colours they look kind of cool. See, this is why everybody should build spaceships with their Lego, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) I built a small Bluepeace protest boat with 2 zodiacs a couple of years ago. see (URL) My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at (URL) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) ago. (...) Warrior! What set do you get a pink zodiac in? The Belville Fairy Princess Rescue Command set? Kerry (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) I'm not Richard, but it stands for Carrier Vessel Escort, those handy little carriers that were made in WW2 out of merchie's. Just the thing for the RAN or the RCN to own (but neither of us do anymore...) James (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) 5841. I'd love to get a pink zodiak or two, but alas, I suspect everyone who bought 5841s did so partly to get the pink zodiac (I tried ordering one from S@H last year and they didn't have any). (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) So, it was Belville. My rule of "think pink, think Belville" still holds. Kerry (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) I see the question has been worthily answered, but once I'm done, I'm more than happy to have a whack at a building a Canadian Vole Exterminator..... Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) Way cool, have to think about what I have that you might find interesting - knowing a little about your collection, I doubt I have much. I'll be in touch. Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  CVEs (was Re: Dinghies)

(...) Well put. In fact, as far as I am aware no-one has any anymore, and they do not even exist in the US mothhball fleet. They were a cheap expedient for the English to cover convoys after they had had the stupidity to fritter away what started (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: CVEs (was Re: Dinghies)

(...) Richard, what aircraft will you have on the deck (if any) ? If you need those yellow 'inflatables' earlier than the next meeting, email me your postal address and I will mail them next week. pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)