 Organizations / 422
    new LUG —Timothy Wade
   Okay, I've got a question to all those out there...what's the proper procedure for starting a new LUG? I reside in Florida, in Tallahassee. For those of you unfamiliar with the layout of Florida, that's quite a long distance from Orlando, Tampa, and (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org)

        Re: new LUG —Benjamin Medinets
     (...) I don't know the exact amount of people you need to "officially" call yourselves a lug, but when you have like 3 or 4 people, write an e-mail to Todd Lehman, and see if he will give you a newsgroup. But that is only "formal" recognition of the (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org)

        Re: new LUG —Matthew Gerber
     (...) I'm doing this right now myself. Basically, I've found another AFOL here on California's Central Coast, and we've decided it is time to begin. It's just that simple, as far as I'm concerned. We're hashing out a name, and a logo. From there, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org)

         Re: new LUG —Timothy Wade
     (...) That was pretty much what I had in mind...but I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I needed to do to avoid stepping on anyone's toes in the other state LUG's. Thanks for all your advice, and be on the lookout for a new LUG! Tim (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.org)

        Re: new LUG —Eric Kingsley
   (...) Well I don't think there is a "proper procedure" to starting a LUG. First thing I would do would be to post in the relevant .loc.us.fl groups to try and drum up interest. Thats what we (NELUG) did. Our first meeting was at my house with 5 (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.org)