 Organizations / 4
  Reigonal User Group building centers

After Mindfest and in particular the NELUG meeting, I'm wondering if the Reigonal user groups could set up building centers. The idea is to pool resources to enhance everyone's building experience. Other obvious benefits would be: - pooling (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Reigonal User Group building centers

(...) My only nits about this are: - Storage of pieces outside someone's home could get pretty expensive. Where could the needed square footage be obtained cheaply? Hmmm... Perhaps in a dedicated long-term storage unit? - Storage of pieces inside (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Reigonal User Group building centers

(...) Yeah, I've thought about this. Downsides that come immediately to mind: - what happens if someone leaves the group? do they get a portion? - what happens if i don't contribute? am i a second-class citizen? can I still play? - people are just (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Reigonal User Group building centers

(...) NO! (...) Like any club, members could have guests but you would be strongly encouraged to join. Plus if you wanted to go by yourself you would need a membership. (...) People will always have personal property, and I'm not sure anyone would (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Reigonal User Group building centers

(...) See, we don't have that much to contribute. Maybe $20 quarterly or something. And I don't think that all 32 members are likely to even participate. Which doesn't make quite as an exciting curve, but could probably still be helpful. (...) Yeah, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Reigonal User Group building centers

(...) I do like these ideas and have tossed them around in my head myself but it allways comes back to $$. One of the biggest problem is to balance donations with peoples ability to pay. I for one could probably donate a fair amount but someone else (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.org)