 Organizations / 4
3  |  5
Subject:
Reigonal User Group building centers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:41:05 GMT

After Mindfest and in particular the NELUG meeting, I'm wondering
if the Reigonal user groups could set up building centers. The idea is to pool
resources to enhance everyone's building experience.  Other obvious benefits
would be:

- pooling resources would mean that you would quickly have a "Mindfest"
  magnitude parts selection
- members would regularly meet to build and socialize
- you could charge membership fees and accept donations that would go entirely
  to buying parts
- displays could be built to impress visitors/guests
- great way to build and retain membership
- vehicle for corporate sponsorship (possibly even TLG!)

The group would need to have a space to house
the elements and space to build and display creations.
The group would incorporate so the organization would own all the
elements and for liability reasons.

Obviously you would need some rules:

- no elements leave the building except with explicit permission.
- saftey / behavior rules
- you must wash your hands before handling the elements so they don't   get
greasy (sorry, my OCD showing)
- kids must be accompanied by responsible adults

Could this work?

KL