 Organizations / 132
Re: Your Feedback
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:50:18 GMT

In lugnet.org "John Rudy" <tjjohn12@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
I may be judging a bit too harsh for an up start
site, but it sux.  I'm sorry, really, your heart
is in the right place but your site so far stinks
like yesterdays cheese cloth.  The kids you have
listed aren't interested in lego, at least not
mentioned on their sites.  I, personally, can
see no potential in this site as is.

-John Rudy

Yes, you ARE judging - but MORE than a 'bit too harsh.'

You have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to criticise these couple of kids who are
putting their efforts into a project to better the online Lego
communty.  First off, they're 12 years old for your information, and
this is a MUCH better site than I think anyone would expect out of
someone that age.  Second, they're still learning, and have come a
long way since their first websites.  I've been talking to these guys
for about a year now through Instant Messenger, helping them along the
way with all the HTML/web design advice I can give them, so I should
know how far they've come.

Besides, they're learning the way I learned, by practicing and picking
up tips and tricks along the way.  I have a lot of respect for that.
And yes, I know what I'm talking about, check out some of my work:

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.zacktron.com/tcourtney/
http://www.ldraw.org

Seriously, who do you think you are that you can dish such a blow to
these people?  Could YOU have done a better job at 12?  I say if
anything, these kids deserve YOUR respect, along with all of ours.
But, is your respect worth having?

So, let me sum this up in two words, SHUT UP.

Alex, Aaron, keep at it.  You're doing a wonderful job, take the
constructive criticism offered by the replies, but don't bother with
this guy.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org