 Off-Topic / Pun / 597
Re: Silly Town Names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 20:07:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Erik Olson writes:
I've never been through Intercourse, but I see it on the map everytime we • drive
through Virginville. It gets less funny after you drive through Virgin Creek,
Maiden Lake, and one other I forget.

Doesn't even come close.

Here, the local Navy Reserve unit (HMCS Cabot) used to have a varity of
boats/ships that were used for weekend trips/training.

One famous occasion was a phonecall to RCC (Rescue Co-ordination Center)
Halifax, which made sure that the ships of the CF are all still afloat every
day...

Captain calls RCC:
Hi, this is LCdr------, and I would like to report the arrival of (ship name)
in Dildo.
RCC-(new female officer): Excuse me sir, could you please repeat the above?
Cap:This is LCdr-----, and I would like to report the arrival of (ship name) in
Dildo.
RCC-Where is this ship arriving?
Cap: In Dildo, near Come-By-Chance
RCC-Where Sir?
Cap:In Dildo, near Come-By-Chance, in Conception Bay South

At this point, RCC hung up on him!  The officer thought he was prank
calling...when all he was doing was reporting (correctly) the location of the
ship!

James