 Off-Topic / Geek / 955
  DVD player recomendations?

Ok, someone out there must be able to give me an educated opinion on which DVD player to buy... I am trying to decide between the Toshiba 3109 and the Sony 530. Which do people prefer, heard good/bad things about, etc.? Eric (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

Eric, (...) Well, I don't know if you are into Playstation or not, but there will be a functional DVD player coming on the new Playstation 2 out in fall of 2000, if you wait. I am, since I get two things for the price of one! :) Scott S. ___...___ (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

(...) Out of those, I would recomend the Sony. Overall, the quality is so much better. However, the DVD player I would strongly recomend is Philips-Magnavox. We have two and quality is tops. They are amazing systems and very high- quality. And if (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

I'm a Sony Man. So I'd say get the 530. I have the 7700 though, so I have not used the 530. If you want, you could try to go to (URL) and see if anyone there has any feedback. The only things I saw about the 3109 is when they first came out they (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

(...) I work as an electronics technician for Best Buy which sells both plus I personally own the sony 530. I am just wondering a few things first. What type of receiver do you own? Per say digital processor, brand name, things like that. What do (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

(...) I like Toshiba stuff when it comes to DVDs. I'd check out www.audioreview.com if I were you - they usually have multiple reviews for lots of systems I'm looking at. Speaking of Toshiba, I just bought a SD6109C for $293! Got it from (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: DVD player recomendations?

(...) Oh, whichever you decide on, you may want to consider getting it (before Dec 31) from www.mercata.com. They give you $50 in "mercata bucks" you can use for up to 50% off your purchases before Dec 31. I know they had the 3109 going for low (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)