 Off-Topic / Geek / 967
Re: DVD player recomendations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:10:15 GMT

leggomylego <leggomylego@hotmail.com> wrote:
Ok, someone out there must be able to give me an educated opinion on which DVD
player to buy...  I am trying to decide between the Toshiba 3109 and the Sony
530.  Which do people prefer, heard good/bad things about, etc.?

Oh, whichever you decide on, you may want to consider getting it
(before Dec 31) from www.mercata.com.

They give you $50 in "mercata bucks" you can use for up to 50% off
your purchases before Dec 31.  I know they had the 3109 going for
low $300's or high $200's tonight (this sale ended, but they start
them up every day - the more people buy, the lower the price goes).

I'm looking there and they have the 2109 for $242 right now - so you
could get that for $192 and they do free shipping.  Not sure what
the 3109 has over the 2109 besides dual disc, which I think is more
of a gimmick than anything else (out of the 60+ DVDs I own I think
... none are dual disc, at least not for a single movie).

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/