 Off-Topic / Geek / 957
Re: DVD player recomendations?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:23:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Eric Brouwer writes:
Ok, someone out there must be able to give me an educated opinion on which DVD
player to buy...  I am trying to decide between the Toshiba 3109 and the Sony
530.  Which do people prefer, heard good/bad things about, etc.?

Eric

Out of those, I would recomend the Sony. Overall, the quality is so much
better. However, the DVD player I would strongly recomend is Philips-Magnavox.
We have two and quality is tops. They are amazing systems and very high-
quality. And if you want to save money, a great system as to be the small
Panasonic model. We bought them for the kid's rooms. They are very small (for
a LEGO comparison, it is about the size of the box of set 6520, Mobile
Outpost) and cheap ($179.99 at COSTCo). High quality, but very basic and easy
to use. Sorry, though, I have no idea what any of the model numbers are right
now. I will get back to you with those.