 Off-Topic / Geek / 77
Re: Normal to get e-mail 1 month after it was sent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 22:05:48 GMT

Once upon a time, (on Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:30:46 GMT, to be precise!), Todd
Lehman uttered the following profundities....
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Richard Dee writes:
Today, I had received 15 e-mails, originally dated between
the 5th and 10th of May!

Most e-mail I recieve very quickly. Is this very unusual?
What happens if a mail bounces, due to my mailbox being full,
for instance? Does it go 'round and 'round for a long time?

That long of a delay is very unusual.  Does your ISP have any thoughts on
where it all was sitting stuck?  They might be able to tell you by looking
at the SMTP message headers.

It is the only time it has happened, in 18 months with this
ISP. It went subscription-free on 1 April. To get any kind
of tech support requires a *very* expensive premium rate
'phone call, so I didn't ask them! I shall e-mail them to see
what they say! (I had Gravity open, awaiting the e-mail to
finish downloading, noticed the late mail, and posted the
question straight away! But thanks, I now know what I need
to put in the e-mail).

Now, how does one go about finding, let alone providing, smtp
message headers?
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/