 Off-Topic / Geek / 74
Re: Normal to get e-mail 1 month after it was sent?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:30:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Richard Dee writes:
Today, I had received 15 e-mails, originally dated between
the 5th and 10th of May!

Most e-mail I recieve very quickly. Is this very unusual?
What happens if a mail bounces, due to my mailbox being full,
for instance? Does it go 'round and 'round for a long time?

That long of a delay is very unusual.  Does your ISP have any thoughts on
where it all was sitting stuck?  They might be able to tell you by looking
at the SMTP message headers.

On a (marginally) related note, I wonder if NASA will ever drop a few
Internt boxes on the Moon (with a permanent laser connection to Earth).
Round-trip speed of light to the Moon and back is only 2.5 seconds, which
would still be tolerable for a "crater cam" and all that.  :)  I wonder if
e-mail would get there in 1.25 seconds or 2.5 seconds?  :)

--Todd