 Off-Topic / Geek / 5180 (-20)
  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) Last I checked, the Notetab light installation was 1.4M (yes it still fits on a floppy), and it loads in less than a second on my XP machine. I have been using it for at least 3 years, and I would also highly recommend it for Windows users. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) Then I misinterpreted the talk of Mac and Linux earlier in this thread. (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

--snip-- (...) I realised I may have been barking at a joke for which I would and should apologise. It would seem I'm not so I make no apologies. (...) I use a Windows XP machine. Tim (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) They still can last I noticed. The earlier version of the file will and does work perfectly well in MLCad (I know this because I opened it in MLCad to make sure before submitting it to ldraw.org for the challenge). It would probably work in (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) You apologize or... you don't? You keep bantering on the far most popular system in the world. Not because it is the best, I am very well aware of that, but because the vast majority of computer users around the globe don't find the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) I expected that reply too from you. I once liked LDraw because anyone with almost any computer could use it. (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) PS. And I apologise if your tone in (URL) this post> was less serious than I read it. I really don't like the attitude that one should be forced to cater to every bit of rubbish programming by the folks at Redmond. (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) That's fine by me. But please don't complain if a perfectly correct text file doesn't display right in Notepad or expect me to help cater to your use of bad software. Tim (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group Selects NetDevil to Create Branded MMOG

(...) Actually, if I remember correctly, Magic: The Gathering online lets you convert in-game cards into real physical cards (under drastic conditions, as far as I remember). Maybe it doesn't quite qualify as MMOG, though. (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Picture of Jupiter from Saturn

(URL) me, that's tres cool. But here's what I have a problem with-- "Jupiter is imaged here from more than 11 times the distance between Earth and the Sun, or slightly farther than the average Earth-Saturn distance. As demonstrated by Pale Blue Orb, (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

(...) Although it would appear my terminology disagreed with my maths ;) So you are right in your reading and I am wrong in my concept but not my principal. So to keep the terminology the same just replace all 5s by 2s and the rest remains the same. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

(...) It's still an integer number of plates (which was my condition). Tim (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Timothy Gould wrote: (snip) (...) I'm not so sure about that... If I understand correctly, the main issue here is to produce a flat square surface with a non-integer number of studs as side, right? Because that is certainly (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Any WordPress gurus out there?

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JDw5Gp.LJ6@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the tip - turning on the Askimet plugin seems to have solved the problem. Mike (18 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Any WordPress gurus out there?

(...) Hi Mike, From what I understand, that setting will not affect spambots. I think the only way to reduce the spam comments (especially pingback & trackback) is to activate the Askimet plugin (comes with recent WP) and possibly also install a (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Any WordPress gurus out there?

I am running WordPress for the NCLTC and NCLUG web sites and even though I have turned on the setting which requires registration to comment, I still receive a bunch of spam comments. Anyone know how this is happening and what I can do to prevent (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

(...) Of course this should be all non-integer cubes are impossible... Tim (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Smallest cube ever!?

(...) hmmm. I have a suspicion that most non-integer cubes are impossible because of the way the surfaces can be constructed. Each side of a surface must be constructed out of I + 1/5 J plate units (I and J integer) since we can only make them out (...) (18 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: New TLC standard for containers?

(...) No doubt it's pleasant but it's a shipping container so it should be practical and is this unappealling ;) Tim (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: New TLC standard for containers?

(...) I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote 3:2. I meant that 6:10 is just off the golden ratio of 6:9.7... Though I was confused there, you make the case that the aspect ratio is actually a pleasant one, as opposed to your initial (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact