 Off-Topic / Geek / 4963
Re: Need help with annoying pop-ups in WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:40:09 GMT

I forgot to mention that the pop-ups occur even when I'm not online.

Dave

"Mark" <snowleopard@foxinternet.net> wrote in message
Using a good, non-microsoft web browser will help a great many of these • woes.  I
personally like <http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ Firefox>.  It's • free,
installs in seconds, MUCH faster than some other browsers, has tabbed • windows,
built in protective measures.  Yeah.  Just try it.  The mozilla crowd that • does
Firefox also does Thunderbird, the associated email client.  Also • reccomended.

Why do I reccomend all this?  Because I gave up my spy bot [AND] I still
have no clue what you are talking about with annoying pop-ups.  Every now
and again I check for spy-ware on my other machine (also on Firefox).
Funny thing is I don't find much.

Mark Neumann