 Off-Topic / Geek / 4936
Re: Using Firefox (printing clickable images)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Steve Bliss wrote:
On mapquest, I get the normal context
menu for images. On mapblast, I get the short menu you listed (above).

Hmm... since MapBlast really is MSN redirectiveness, maybe MSN is breaking
things on purpose since it works fine in IE. Wouldn't be the first time.

According to this page about right click menus:

  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/rightff.htm

"Some sites may disable right click menus and disable your ability to select
text.  To restore control see Favelet/Bookmarklet: Script Killer, disables all
JavaScript code in a web page.  (Bookmarklets)."

I've been using Larry's method to access haloscan blog comments in a normal
browser tab (rather than an undecorated popup window) so I can see where
any embedded links go before clicking on them.  But I'd be interested in
a less clunky solution for that as well.  I think it's the same problem,
Javascript interfering with the right click.  If anyone has time to try
the Favelet Script Killer thingie, let me know if it's any less clunky.

Thanks,

Don