 Off-Topic / Geek / 4919
4918  |  4920
Subject:
Using Firefox ( was Re: Using Firefox on Shop at Home website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:31:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 03:09:50PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Do people here want to take a crack at the problems I'm having?

Sure - details?

OK, easy one first. I use mapblast.com (0) a lot(1) When I get to a map I like
(right zoom and etc) I want to print it. But since I am cheap and it's my toner,
all I want to print is the image, not the whole page. now, the image is itself a
clickable thing, when you click it, it recenters and or zooms, depending on your
preference settings.

in IE, if you right mouse click, one of the offerings for images is "print this
image". Even if it's a clickable image. In Firefox, that is only offered IF the
image isn't clickable.

What I have to do in order to print the image is do a properties, copy the URL,
do a cntl-T, paste the URL and then print THAT via the main menu. blech. Too
many steps, so I find myself using IE just to get that print a clickable image
behaviour. But then of course I have to remember to turn my popup stopper on so
I don't get annoying popups (2), and also have to remember not to accidentally
use IE for anything else.

How do I print a clickable image within firefox without determining the URL and
pasting it into a different tab?

I'll do the hard one later it takes a LOT more explaining. Hint, it involves
using Outlook webmail, which, since my company uses Exchange, is not an option
not to use, sometimes I am somewhere where I cannot VPN and MUST get mail via
the web access..

Thanks!

0 - or mapquest but I like MS's graphics better than mapquest graphics for
whatever reason. I find them easier to read in a domelit car when I am lost.

1 - since our company switched from Hertz to Avis... Hertz has NeverLost and
well, the Avis GPS solutiuon is... well "not exactly" as good. :-)

2 - Firefox blocks them without needing Panicware's help..., but if you have
popup stopper on, you can't get the property box unless you hold the control ke
down, because panicware popup stopper thinks it's a popup so I run with it off
most of the time. If I forget to turn it back on and launch IE, bad things(3)
may inadvertantly happen if I accidentally surf somewhere in IE without meaning
to.

3 - minor bad things, I will see popups I don't want to see.