 Off-Topic / Geek / 4635 (-10)
  Re: Kiki, the ferret

(...) Thanks! As I said in the article, not my favorite piece, but I think it's my best work so far, what with getting the nice rounded contour on the back and all. (...) Well, it wasn't produced in cooperation with them. I built it in secret, and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: trackdraw, sourceforge

(...) John's solution was elegant and simple. Sure enough, all I needed to do after logging in was remove the 's' from https in the address bar. Thanks! Cary (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: trackdraw, sourceforge

(...) I'm not certain, but I believe the reason this occurs is that when you log in to Sourceforge you tell it to stay in https mode which means some content will be https while other content will be http. The best thing is to have it exit https (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  trackdraw, sourceforge

TrackDraw is now in the alpha stage, which means it is feature complete, though with many bugs. Thanks to everyone who helped with the design phase. I'm working on the transition from the Yahoo group (URL) to the sourceforge project (URL) . Here's a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Galeon smart bookmarks

(...) I've *uploaded* about 450GB of Fedora Core 2 test1 isos via bittorrent so far. :) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Galeon smart bookmarks

(...) search string. . . Thanks. Let's see if I can remember to use that. I still like the persistance and obviousness of the Smart Bookmark having its own field, though. (...) I think it's actually a problem at my end. Download stalls after a bit (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Galeon smart bookmarks

(...) I use keywords on bookmarks for that. For instance, to search peeron, i have this bookmark: Location: (URL) Keyword: peeron so when I want to use it, I just hit "Ctrl-L", "peeron brick 1 x 2" and I get this page: (URL) Btw, what's the problem (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Galeon smart bookmarks

(...) Anyone know of an extension that will emulate Smart Bookmarks in Firebird? Keymarks aren't as good, even on those rare occasions when they work. I'm really missing my Smart Bookmarks, but I don't see myself going back to Galeon any time soon (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: skirting port blocking?

(...) Thanks. My client (Outbreak XP) allows me to change the port for my SMTP connection, but it doesn't look like it allows for multiple ports. I suppose that's OK if my ISP agrees to listen on another port in addition, though. -Tim (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: skirting port blocking?

(...) Sure - set up your SMTP server to listen on a different port as well (not instead!) of 25... Or set up your firewall to forward connection from that other port to 25 as well. That's assuming you can set your mail client to connect to a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact