 Off-Topic / Geek / 4630
Re: Galeon smart bookmarks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:58:53 GMT

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Dan Boger wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 02:24:52AM +0000, TWS Garrison wrote:
Anyone know of an extension that will emulate Smart Bookmarks in
Firebird? Keymarks aren't as good, even on those rare occasions when
they work. I'm really missing my Smart Bookmarks, but I don't see
myself going back to Galeon any time soon (especially since I can't
even download the ISOs for the latest Redhat. . .).

I use keywords on bookmarks for that.  For instance, to search peeron, i
have this bookmark:

  Location: http://peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=%s
  Keyword: peeron

so when I want to use it, I just hit "Ctrl-L", "peeron brick 1 x 2" and
I get this page:

  http://peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=brick%201%20x%202

Ah, I didn't think about setting up the keymark to actually point to a
search string. . .  Thanks.  Let's see if I can remember to use that.  I
still like the persistance and obviousness of the Smart Bookmark having
its own field, though.

Btw, what's the problem with the ISOs?  If you want, I can put copies of
either the RH9 ones or FC1 on peeron for you to get?  Downloading them
via bittorrent is pretty quick - I get about 1000MB/sec.  I don't think
the NIC on the server supports anything faster.

I think it's actually a problem at my end.  Download stalls after a bit
less than 50 MB from any one server (hmm, maybe that's why I can't see
Todd's photo montages).  That's with tries from several mirrors.  I'll
try using someone else's computer next time I have a chance.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/