 Off-Topic / Geek / 4570 (-10)
  Re: Relatively cool site

(...) I agree! See: (URL) this post> in .geek (At that time I asked if it ought to go into the geek front page. Guess I should have crossposted .fun too) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Tool for downloading set pictures from lego.com

(...) Thanks, that may indeed be easier and more general in many situations. Personally I prefer my method, because I only have a regular telephone modem, so only want to download what I need. Also, I have to run a personal web server anyway, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Tool for downloading set pictures from lego.com

Want an easier way? Download a web archiving program. Web Miner is one that I used, I got it off of download.com (30 day trial, shareware) Have it look at lego.com, have it only save pic files, pretty much all pic formats (jpg bmp, whatever), let it (...) (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Cambria Earthquake Tracking

(...) I think they do. And what is cool is that once you've done survey for one they have a list of others they figure you may have info on (mine called up Loma Prieta and Northridge). And you need not give any info beside your zip code. (...) Gak, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, FTX)

  Re: Cambria Earthquake Tracking

(...) FUT to geek only. Do they do this for most quakes? Other groups you copied were lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf,...loc.us.la, I suspect you meant loc.us.ca.la ... unless a lot of people in New Orleans felt it? (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Cambria Earthquake Tracking

For those of you who felt the Cambria earthquake a while ago there is data collection link at (URL). Click on the "Did you feel it?" link. Maggie C. (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.la, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Population Density & Mapping Application?

(...) Mike, Most of my experience is with software from ESRI. I have not used this specific program from them, but I think it is probably a good fit based on what you've described: (URL) have not worked with this software in many years, but I think (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:Hq2suJ.1Bs2@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) sounds (...) it's (...) instead (...) an (...) My mapping needs are "approximate", I don't need anything to any real level of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Population Density & Mapping Application?

(...) Can you explain a bit more what you want to do? Mapping from addresses sounds like a GIS application (GIS is what makes GPS work, among other things... it's the data that the program uses when it shows you where on a map you are, instead of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Population Density & Mapping Application?

With the cross section of people we have here on LUGNET I am hoping someone may have a suggestion for me for a project I am working on at work. I need to map some of our customers from a geographical and population perspective and am looking for an (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact