 Off-Topic / Geek / 4561
4560  |  4562
Subject:
Population Density & Mapping Application?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:15:42 GMT

With the cross section of people we have here on LUGNET I am hoping someone
may have a suggestion for me for a project I am working on at work.

I need to map some of our customers from a geographical and population
perspective and am looking for an application that will help me do this.
For example, I want to identify all the locations on the planet where
company XYZ has locations.  I also want to be able to tag or add data to
each location so I can capture information about the location such as the
number of employees, etc.

Ideally all of this stuff will sit on a database or the data can easily be
exported to Excel for analysis.  If anyone has any suggestions please drop
me a note.  My preference would be for the application to run on Windows
however I can deal with Solaris or Linux as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com