 Off-Topic / Geek / 43
Re: awk vs. perl for simple tasks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 19:54:03 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
That's good if you're snarfing up relatively small files, but what if you're
processing 100 megabytes of STDIN -- say, looking through an httpd log?  And
live tail -f even?  :)

It just occurred to me how useful a live tail util would be.  How would you
implement one in Perl?  Would the one at PPT (1) be the one to check out?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  http://language.perl.com/ppt/index.html

May the Force be with y'all.