 Off-Topic / Geek / 4102
4101  |  4103
Subject:
TXT-file question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:38:53 GMT

Hello all:
   I have a bunch of text files, each of which contains a character sequence
(say, ABCD) that I need to change (say, to WXYZ).  The character sequence is
within the body of each file, rather than the title.  Is there an easy
method of swapping out the ABCD's for the WXYZ's without manually opening
each file and doing a find/replace?

  Thanks once again to all my geek-savvy friends!

     Dave!