 Off-Topic / Geek / 3995 (-10)
  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

(...) (snipped) (...) remindes me of some lines in a computer manual ...when you computer gives an error, it's because: the stack can dip into the heap for just a few cycles and not be caught by the stack sniffer and this is real :-( Very funny Tim! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

LOL. The first and third parts are the best. Did you make that up Tim, or did you find it somewhere? Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash

Dr. Seuss Explains Why Computers Sometimes Crash (Read this aloud, if you can!) If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort, and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Yeah, someone sent this information to me as a private email. And while I do think Mozilla is a great product, esp. for free and with skins and so forth, it seems to have sketchy support for valign in TD tags (esp. in nested tables perhaps, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Netscape Communicator refers to the 4.7x and earlier browser suite, which does not share code with Mozilla. The new product is now just called "Netscape" (as in "Netscape 7.0") and *is* based on Mozilla code. Basically, they take the Mozilla (...) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) Yeah, I agree it's better -- it was just that I thought Netscape's Communicator was based on the Mozilla code. I guess I was wrong... The latest version of Mozilla appears to support PNG, so that's a good thing. And as you said of Galeon, it's (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

Quoting richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com>: (...) Never used it, can't tell you. Personally Galeon is my favorite browser, and it does have one big advantage over opera - it's free :) (...) you must be high! Mozilla has absolutly NOTHING in (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

1) IE is pretty good on MAC, a little worse on PC. They are developed independently of one another. 2) (A layman's explanation of PNG) PNG is the extension of an image format that is intended to replace the GIF image format without the legal (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

No clue what you just said dude. And I considered myself a geek. e. ha ha ha (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: MS IE SUCKS!

(...) i'll back dan up on this one... IE grinds my XP system to a near halt when i start it up to check for site development compatability. Speaking of IE problems, this is bugging the heck outta me right now: (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact