 Off-Topic / Geek / 3980 (-5)
  MS IE SUCKS!

Why does IE suck so much now? It constantly sucks my cpu down so much so that the mouse stalls out. This happens when loading pages, or even just sitting there. I think the idle stalls are caused by Messenger running in the background. But it's (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: lorenzian waterwheel (chaos)

(...) for a Java applet apparently simulating the waterwheel: (URL) it looks like he's revamping his site... the revamp: (URL) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  lorenzian waterwheel (chaos)

Hi I thought this group might be a good place to ask this question. I'm interested in building a Lorenzian waterwheel and plotting the phase space. I've done some research into this on the net, but the most technical description I've found so far (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

hi! Some time ago I built myself a little tool to calculate one's weight on other planets. The formula I use might simplify the problem a little but the output usually comes close enough to what I find in books for me. The input I use is the size (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) There's a set of two "Eugenics Wars" books out now, and while the Trek "EU" isn't canon, it's an interesting take on those wars. It takes *both* established Trek Eugenices War history and real life history into account, which is no easy feat. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact