 Off-Topic / Geek / 3977
Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:00:20 GMT

hi!

Some time ago I built myself a little tool to calculate one's weight on
other planets. The formula I use might simplify the problem a little but the
output usually comes close enough to what I find in books for me. The input
I use is the size (well more correctly the distance from the center of the
greater mass) and the mass of a planet. Sorry the sheet doesn't work in
every direction, might do that someday. I build this after reading the
threads on the minifig scale tool and the gravity on a LEGO death star.
(with the infos I found I calculated a gravity similar to earth somewere
10meters from the center of the LEGO death star, It being so light made me
wonder wether there would be a considerble shift in gravity force when all
the fighters leave the death star - - hm a shift in force a jedi might
feel - - maybe what Obi Wan felt was the sudden dissapearance of a large
gravity force such as a planet would be. hm if Aldebaran made a dent into
the model gravity sheet, then it's destruction schould set it wobling and
keeping the picture, supposing this is sensed by the same parts in our ears
that tell us were up and down is that would fit to Obi Wan feeling dizzy and
maybe this made him hear something he interpreted as an outcry of millions.)
So with this tool you can mix size and mass, like what if the earth had the
mass of jupiter or put in numbers of youre own choice. This should help to
calculate some possabilities for Endor.
http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/versuche/Newton2.htm
have fun

tschuess/bye