 Off-Topic / Geek / 3919
Re: Keyboard trouble!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 00:38:30 GMT

In lugnet.people, John Morgan writes:
In lugnet.people, James Brown writes:

James (who replaces coffee/coke/water spilled keyboards routinely as part of
his job)

Why? I've found that if a keyboard is stuck with coke or whatever, all one
needs to do is to pop off the keys with a screwdriver in the problem area,
clean there, and then stick them back on. That's the best thing about
keyboards.. keys are removable.

Two reasons:

1: if the spilled substance gets down to the circuit sheet, it's toast.
Easiest way to tell this is if some keys do not work.

2: Cleaning a keyboard with stuck keys takes too long.  An hour of my
billable time is worth more than a new keyboard.

James
(FUT off-topic.geek for more keyboard foibles)