 People / 3217
Re: Keyboard trouble!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.people, Richard Noeckel writes:

But…problem is that I spilled
half a glass of water unto it!!!!!!

Can any thing be done?

Cause it jus’ takes sooo long to compose
a letter with cut & paste.
(the keys effected are ‘t’ ‘h’ ‘n’ and ‘5’)
I ‘m using ctrl + c & ctrl + v constantly!

Well, if it's relatively new, you can go and look into getting a replacement
on warranty.

Another possibility if it's off warranty, is to open it up and clean out the
keyboard matrix contacts underneath.  If it's water, it shouldn't have done
too much-pop on the other hand is corrosive and conductive and much worse.
Let it dry completely before trying it out again.

A third possibility is to just go and buy a new keyboard.  Your average
clone keyboard is like $5 down on College.

Calum