 Off-Topic / Geek / 3849
  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) I wish you to *not* do that. (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

Thanks, I found out how to do it anyway muwhahah :-) Surely a popunder window is neater than a big ugly banner add at the top of the page? TTFN Peter N ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> To: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) Totally not. A banner ad you can ignore or scroll past. A popunder window you have to actively close (while still ignoring the contents -- sorry, you can't force people to pay attention to things). Don't make me do crap work just for visiting (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) In most cases no, it's way more annoying. In my particular case, I'll never know if it is or not because I use Popup Stopper from panicware.com. I would have seen your banner ad, but whatever is in your popup won't be seen by me. (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) StopZilla rarrrg!!! cheers, Joseph (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) Nope, it's much worse. And what's more, neither one is going to make you much money. The only form of online sponsorship that is at all lucrative (and even then, it isn't very lucrative usually) on the small scale is to join affiliate programs (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

Hi all, Sorry i think people have got the wrong end of the stick, i am going to try and start a webdesign company and want to put my banner on all pages i create, but a banner can really screw up how a framed page looks, and ruins the design, so i (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) No problem. Just stop thinking banner......... start thinking 'logo'. Have yourself or a graphic artist do up a professional looking logo graphic for you. Put this *reasonable* sized graphic at the bottom of each and every page you make. Make (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Javascript Popunder window

(...) Ah, see, "unobtrusive" is where you make your mistake. Most people view popunders as *very* obtrusive. Same with pages that come up when you try to click on a link to go somewhere else. And while I'm at it, also pages which take it upon (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)