 Off-Topic / Geek / 3858
Re: Javascript Popunder window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:11:16 GMT

Peter Newman <peternewmancl@hotmail.com> wrote:
Sorry i think people have got the wrong end of the stick, i am going to try
and start a webdesign company and want to put my banner on all pages i
create, but a banner can really screw up how a framed page looks, and ruins
the design, so i thought a nice unobtrusive pop under so when you exit the
site you see who made it, otherwise, could i make it show a page to people
before they move on to a different site?

Ah, see, "unobtrusive" is where you make your mistake. Most people view
popunders as *very* obtrusive. Same with pages that come up when you try to
click on a link to go somewhere else. And while I'm at it, also pages which
take it upon themselves to maximize my browser to "enhance my experience".

Don't make a banner; make a nice simple tag at the bottom of the pages.
People can appreciate and respect that.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>