 Off-Topic / Geek / 3663
Re: Cute little DIY computer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 01:45:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tobbe Arnesson writes:

If you have a speaker connected it should give error beeps if memory
is not attached. To decode the beeps look into the motherboard manual.

Shuttle's motherboard manual is worse than most. Why can't these
manufacturers hire at least one multilingual adolescent to proofread, who
would end up working at Starbuck's otherwise?

"If the beeps accordingly, fabricate the motherboard in correct position for
according. Continue through step 4 if this step is not according to you."

(not an actual quote...)

I swear I saw the word "according" five times in one short paragraph! It is
not according to me! And why does "fabricate" occur in their vocabulary but
not assemble, attach, put together, screw, combine, weld, snap, tie, insert,
plug or build? For great justice!

Sorry, I'll go fabricate now.