 Off-Topic / Geek / 3030 (-5)
  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

A small typo slipped in... must have been cosmic rays, as I never make misteaks, just ask me. (...) this should read (...) Sorry about that. As of this post all the posters to this thread are against fixed size. But that is an totally unscientific (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  RE: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I *do* find it annoying when one tries to fit a legal size sheet of paper in a letter size folder, but that's beside the point. (...) I like to browse with the window maximized (at 1152x864 res) because it blocks out whatever other noise lurks (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.publish.html)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber wrote: [snipped rant] (...) I think that webpages are in a different medium than print material, and the rules of one don't necessarily apply to the other. Forcing browser-window size changes is rude. Especially (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Not sure what you mean by that and not going to dig into it but it doesn't sound right to me. (...) I'm not taking anything personally, and I hope you aren't either. So I'm not insulted. What I am, however, is *confused* about where you are (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) The whole point of HTML is that it is not a static book or magazine, but a dynamic representation that is interpreted by the local style and preferences of the user. Much kludging has been done since the original DTD to try to allow marketing (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact