 Off-Topic / Geek / 2725 (-20)
  Brickgame [connect 4] algorithm

Ok, I'm a geek. I admit that. But now that I've got that out of the way, lemme say I've always loved connect 4, just because it's such a more strategic game (like checkers, rather) than one typically accounts for-- rather than say, tic-tac-toe, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

I (...) I think you met someone who is not a geek last night. Jonathan (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I think the more important question is, who here is NOT a geek??? :-) ++Lar (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) So... Have you ever had to write up documentation for a product that didn't exist yet, like Tina? --Electro-- (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) Well, according to CNN, there is but one career in the entire IT gammut that does not entail direct interaction with networks or personal computers. That is the Technical Writer. I am a Technical Writer. Unlike network administrators, UNIX (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I'm an aeronautical engineer, by my education. I was a "Rocket Scientist" (really..:-) for the first two years of my carrier, I decided that I didn't want to spare my job hours in front of a workstation by coding simulation programs, and I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Whew! Just fixed a mess. Vision Command owners read :)

I just solved a problem I was having.... this may help someone else! Recently (as in the last 2 weeks) I installed an ethernet card and cable modem, I upgraded to Direct-X 8, I replaced my aged Celeron300a with a Celeron-II 600, and installed Lego (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Special Browser Add-on Question

(...) In MLCAD, you can create a new parts-group that will show all the parts. To do this, select the Settings | Groups | Group configuration menu option. In the Name, type "All" (or something). In the Search, type "<" (no quotes). Click OK. To see (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) Well I guess I am a greek. I am a structural engineer, and looking back on things - I actually learned a good deal about structural mechanics just by building with Lego as a young child. I didn't know at the time the technical physics behind (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) Nah, just anyone who likes it. (Of course, that's sufficient but not necessary.) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I would probobly call myself a geek. I am currently studing computer science at university and I also spend most of my spare time on the computer, a lot of which is pulling various games to bits and working with editors for them and so on. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

I think you maybe misunderstood what I was saying! I didn't mean that being a firefighter was what made me "not" a geek! I was just stating it for the original question as to what AFOL's do! Second, I was saying that if I was walking a fine line (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  skipstone

For everyone lookin' for a good web browser on *nix: check out Skipstone. (URL). It's a pure Gtk+ browser that embeds mozilla gecko. Unlike Galeon, it's *just* gtk, sans the GNOME baggage. Current cvs builds (linked with cvs mozilla) are really nice (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) OK, after READING the article, I am definitely a GEEK!!!!!! A big one! And a netslave to boot!! How scary is that? But I am a geek about five million times over. Yay me! Matt (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I'm a graphic designer, which doesn't necessarily connote geek-ness on its own, but I think my geeky tendencies make up for that. ;^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I guess I'm NOT a geek. At least, not a techno geek. I'm a stockbroker. As soon as I graduate with my bachelor's in May, I'll be workign towards my CPA degree also. So, no I'm not a geek, I'm a nerd. Matt (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I don't think I'm a geek. I currently work in Publishing but its only a job to get me to the next one. My previous 'career' job was floor manager in a factory, it couldn't get more blue collar, and I mean old school blue collar. Totally union, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I dunno; there are a lot of computer/internet users out there who most certainly are _not_ geeks. On the other hand, just because you're a firefighter doesn't mean you're not a geek, either. :) And many of the computer professionals I work (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I don't classify myself as a geek! I'm a firefighter! But, I am partial to geeks! hehheheh If I had to tip the scale, it would probably fall into the geek catagory! I would think that the majority of computer/internet users would fall that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves

(...) I'm probably classified as a psuedo-geek. I repair all kinds of computer/electronics related hardware (primarily printers in my current job), which is pretty solidly in the range of geekdom, but it's a 9-to-5 deal with me. I enjoy it - it's (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact