 Off-Topic / Geek / 2468
Re: broadband finally comes to my part of Knoxville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:34:55 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
Is there a ready to read guide for the not very network technical on how to
set up an older/cheaper box with Linux for the express purpose of being on

<http://www.linuxrouter.org/>
<http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/>

The easiest way to go is to get one of the prebuilt disk images from the
Steinkuehler site -- just put it in, boot up, configure a few things via the
menu-based interface, and go.

Or is the way Mike went less hassle, just buy a router?

Well, to be honest, those little boxes are getting pretty good and cheap.
That way is pretty good, but then, if you've got an old 486/pentium lying
around, why waste it?

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/