 Off-Topic / Geek / 2222
Re: Cable Modem, Day 1: Elation and Nausea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:26:38 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

... am I also in trouble if I host an
Unreal Tournament game? The cable company is just challenged to draw the
distinctions.

And what if I just want to be able to access my home machine remotely?  To
do some direct file transfer, or whatever.

At least here with AT&T cable you're not allowed to.  They supposedly
portscan your systems to make sure.

I know many people who have a tunnel/VPN set up to and from
work to get around this, though...

Chris