 Off-Topic / Geek / 2142
Re: Writing A Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:41:06 GMT

Yes, there are cases where this is not true.
Sets using 00428840 as the company identifier follow with the set number and
checksum digit.
However, Lego has another company identifier which is 57020109 followed by the
set number and checksum digit.
The Technic RL500 ruler came with the EAN-13 code 5027417003702.
Finally, I have encountered the following sets where the set number has no
obvious relation to the EAN code.
System Space Port 6459: 5702012000515
Technic 8253 Fire Copter: 5702012002007
System Star Wars 7110 Landspeeder: 5702012002649
System Star Wars 7128 Speeder Bikes: 5702012002656
Technic 5206 Speed Computer: 5702012007088

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
I intend to set up something so that scanning a Lego UPC automatically
enters it in LUGnet as part of my collection.
That would be cool!!!  :-s

Luckily, it looks like Lego uses the set # as the last part of the UPC. At
least from the sets I looked at -- are there cases where this isn't true?