 Off-Topic / Geek / 1733
Re: Newbie Linux Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 22:59:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:

Are you positive that it's not a winmodem? There's no particular reason why
a PCI "real" modem wouldn't work.

Yeah. It is a USR 56K Faxmodem (cost almost twice as much as the
USR 56K Winmodem) and dosent require Win to operate.

But the RH compatability stated that PCI modems were not supported under
RH 6.2. However based on your information I will try some more to configure
it again before I get an external modem.

Thanks

Jim