 Off-Topic / Geek / 1732
Re: Newbie Linux Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 22:45:41 GMT

Jim Hughes <hughesj@one.net> wrote:
Thanks for your help with my Linux questions. It turns out that my modem
is not supported under Linux because it is a PCI card. So an ISA or
external modem 'upgrade' is in the works.

Are you positive that it's not a winmodem? There's no particular reason why
a PCI "real" modem wouldn't work.

Once I switch over I imagine installation should be straightforeward
and I can then begin my quest for total world domination.

:)

Quotes 'R' Us                     --->               http://quotes-r-us.org/
Boston University Linux             --->                http://linux.bu.edu/