 Off-Topic / Geek / 1595
Re: Shopping for a new PC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 14:47:28 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:
Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> wrote:
ewewewewewew.  Sorry, I have to deal with some gateways at work, and they
all, without exception, suck.  If you want a windows based machine, why not
go with dell?

Heh. I deal with dells at work, and I think _they_ suck. Nice case design,
sub-par performance. (This is the optiplex line; others may be different.)

laf...  okie, have you found a window box that doesn't suck?  We have a bunch of
users that seem to resist the idea of converting to RH (for some reasonable or
not-so-resonable reasons :) and I havn't found a platform I'd recommend for them,
other than dells...

:)

Dan

ps.  unrelated, just nice story - I set up one of our servers RAID1 the other day.
The user of that server asked "when you reboot it, let me know so I'll move it to
some other place".  It was just nice to watch his look of disbelief when I told
him I had no plans of shutting down the server for the Raid-ing operation.  "You're
going to reformat the hard drives, and raid them, WITHOUT rebooting?!?"  *grin*

D.