 Off-Topic / Geek / 1588
1587  |  1589
Subject:
Shopping for a new PC...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 00:56:28 GMT

All,
I'm shopping for a new PC.  My budget is <$4000, and I'm a student, so maybe I
can get student discounts?  I know I want a DVD-ROM and a CD-RW drive, but
other than that I don't really know much other than I want it to be fast :)
Stuff I use my PC for now:
  photo-editing
  raytracing
  web site development
Stuff I might do in the future:
  more 3D-modeling
  watch DVD's
Any suggestions for what to get (specs, brand) and where to shop?
TIA,
--Bram

Oh, if possible, please CC me, as I don't usually read .geek