 Off-Topic / Fun / 9756
Re: Linear Thinking - this is an interesting test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Geoffrey Hyde writes:

"Bob Parker" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Does __________ sound familiar???

If this is not the case, you are among 2% of the
people who have a "different" if not "abnormal" mind.
98% of the folks would answer "__________" while
doing this exercise

98% of what folks?  What population sample was surveyed, and how many
different walks of life did they come from?

If you do not believe this, pass it around and
you'll see.

Well, I might show it to a friend or two - but I don't expect anyone to
fail, unless they don't know what 1+1 is!

<more snippage>

I would like to see more fun things to do - perhaps a more advanced level of
maths problems, but I'm not at all sure what your objective was here!!  :-/
But keep it up, o-t.fun has been rather quiet of late!  ;-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Okay Geoffrey, how about this one (no math at all!)--

Suppose you were suddenly told you *must* (whatever makes it imperative for
you-- life or death, $50 million prize...) meet someone (not necessarily a
close acquaintance) at a particular place somewhere in the world at noon
local time on, say, January 1, 2004 and until then you will have no contact
with this person.  Furthermore, because you are on your way out the door to
begin a pressing mission, you only have time to utter one quick phrase about
where you will be (and you could be on the phone or email, so you cannot just
say "meet me here").  Being of the same Western middle-class cultural
background that I presume most Lugnet readers share, where do you say you
will be?

<snip>

Even I did, and according to Bob P., I'm only halfway normal!

Maggie C.

I guess I am totally abnormal. I would meet you at the Corel Centre (which
is in Ottawa, Canada) holding a blue screwdriver. :-)

Jude