 Off-Topic / Fun / 9345
Re: What do you listen too while building?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:34:28 GMT

a quick squiz at IMDB claims that a new dub is being done (if you belive
them) http://us.imdb.com/AlternateVersions?0092067
I don't know if thats good or bad  ( I didn't like their interpretation of
Jiji in Kiki - too much like Salem from Sabrina, which I assume was the
idea) but as long as they leave the 'I'm built like a Brick Muppet' line in
I'm happy :)

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, James Stacey writes:
Disney have Laputa rights for DVD in the US along with lots of other • Miazaki
films.  I think they will be redubbing it using more famous stars.

As far as I know, Disney has Region 1 distrobution rights to all of Studio
Ghibli's productions except Grave of the Fireflies and the "On Your Mark" • music
video.  Miyazaki worked on some non-Ghibli productions, too, which Disney • does
not have, such as Future Boy Conan (TV series), the previously mention • Sherlock
Hound, the Lupin III TV series, and the Lupin III movie Castle of • Cagliostro
(released here by Manga Entertainment).

As to english dubs, Laputa does currently have one, but Disney is • frightened of
doing more since Mononoke didn't even make back its dubbing costs on the
theatrical run.  Just goes to show that they don't know how the anime • industry
works...

They have already renamed it Castle In The Sky as I believe Laputa • translates
to prostitute in some languages.

Correct, Laputa means prostitute, or something similar, in Spanish. • Castle in
the Sky was always part of the title, though.  They just dropped the
questionable part.  ;)

Jeff